Saturday, April 21, 2012

I.S. 318 Winners!

That steak is finished (see post below), but I just saw this at Elizabeth Vicary Spiegel's Facebook page and had to post the link.  Fabulous story - please be sure to scroll all the way down!

Chess master James A. Black (in track suit) w:I.S. 318 team and trophy. Photo credit- Ozier Muhammad:
The New York Times.
These are your kids. These could be anybody's kids.  I saw kids like these today at the Hales Corners Chess Challenge XV in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and played against a couple of them and joshed around and talked to many more.  These are some great kids, let me tell you.  Please, please, please, find it in your hearts and in your pocketbooks to support scholastic chess endeavors and local chess tournaments with some prize money or funding.  Every dollar you contribute really counts in chess!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...