Sunday, January 23, 2011

How can someone do this an entire game???

Third and one Packers at the Bears 34 - incomplete pass.  Packers must punt.

Good punt, ball bounces on the 12-or -10 deep in Chicago's field.  7:22 to go in the 4th.

I am now listening to coverage on the Packers radio network.  I've got the sound turned down on the t.v. and there's a bit of a time-delay --  I tossed out the last cupful of nuts and peanuts for the squirrels for the day.  I am SO happy to see that it's still fair daylight out at 10 to 5 in the evening!  Spring will be here in 60 days...

Forte tries to run the ball and gets about nothing, so it seemed to me, but the radio is saying he may have got 2.  Haney through to Bennett who was brought down at the 15.  Gain of 3.  3rd and 5 for the Bears. 

Whoa - Chicago takes a time out at 6:12.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME - I'M TAKING A PEE AND WE GET AN INTERCEPTION-- I HEARD IT CALLED ON THE RADIO - - RIGHT WHEN I WAS THINKING I SHOULD TURN ON THE CHRISTMAS TREE -  YES, I HAVE NOT TAKEN IT DOWN AND WILL NOT UNTIL THE PACKERS LOSE, WHICH THEY WON'T ---

DAMN! 
Hero of the game #80, B.J. RAJE, run back for a touchdown, a 340 pound nose-tackle.  Goddess is definitely smiling on the Packers today.  Told you so - she does not appreciate dirty play.

PACKERS 21 - BEARS 7.

6:04 to go (I expect the website I'm checking for that is off by several minutes in real time).  Bears make a first down at the 35 of Green Bay.  Earl Bennet catches a pass and runs it in with no resistance from the Packers.  That sucks.

PACKERS 21 - BEARS 13, WILL BE 14 IF THEY MAKE THE POINT AFTER.  4:43 TO GO.

Packers will have the ball...

Ball returned to about the 25 by Charles Woodson.  Packers take over --

Looks like we may be trying to take time off the clock now - kept the ball on the ground, no gain on the play.  2nd and 10 -- Nelson runs the ball but loses a yard.  Okay dudes, this isn't working.

Rodgers was back to throw and had no one open, he runs but has nowhere to go, slides and is down with the loss of a yard.

Packers have to punt.  Hester is back to receive.  So - let's see what's going to happen - Goddess, please bless the Packers.

Chicago has the ball on its own 29 yard line.  About 3:07 to go. 

Now 2:49 to go.  2nd and 10 Chicago.  Gain of 1 on a pass bobbled by Haney.  Ball received by Forte.

3rd and 9 for Chicago, 2:44 to go.  Bears have 2 times outs left, Packers 3.

Blitz is on, sonofagoddess got the first down on a pass.  Ball now at the 39 or so.  First down, Haney incomplete pass.  OHMYGODDESS, a grounding call on the quarterback!  Now all of a sudden it's 2nd down and 20.

Forte catches a pass and gains 10 yards, 3rd and 10 for the Bears at their own 40.

1:54 left - Packers lead by a touchdown but the Bears are driving.  It appears that Forte has the first down near the Bears 50 yard line but now it's a commercial and and I can't tell --

Ohmygoddess, please spare my poor heart and give the Packers a victory.  I can't take much more.  Thank you and Amen.

4th and inches for the Bears...

29 makes the first down with 3 yards.  1.43 to go.  Pick up of 12 on short pass and run, first down for Bears.  1:27 to go.

Haney has to throw it away.  1:21 to go, 2nd and 10 Bears.

Olsen catches a Haney pass for about 7.  1:15 remaining.

3rd down and 3 -- Chicago takes a time out after what appeared to be a snap. 1:13 left?

Haney sacked NEAR THE 30 YARD LINE, loss of 2. 

OHMYGODDESS - INCREDIBLE.  I can't even describe what happened - Shields intercepted a long pass and started a run back and I was jumping of my chair and screaming my head off,  but looked like he fumbled but the ball but appeared to be recovered by a Packers player, but now they're saying Shields recovered his own fumble so is it a fumble?  At any rate - ITS FRICKING OVER, DARLINGS!!!!!!

ITS OVER!!!!

As our Green Bay Packers announcer, Wayne Larrivee, says, THERE IS YOUR DAGGER.

OHMYGODDESS!

GREEN BAY PACKERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!

GREEN BAY PACKERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!

Okay, need to take a serious break here. OHMYGODDESS!

P.S. added at 5:19 p.m.  I had to take a pee and immediately afterward I ran to the Christmas tree in the front room and plugged in the lights, with maybe a minute to go on the play clock?  Anyway - I think my Magic Christmas Tree did the trick!  GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO!

SUPERBOWL BOUND!  Thank you, Football Goddess.  Thank you.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...